Wednesday 21 November 2012

Day 13: Leboreiro - Santiago de Compostella (56 km)

When I woke up this morning, my heart was throbbing with expectation. It looks like I am dreaming while cycling. The moment is just worthy of last morning to Santiago. Everything around me was tranquil and peaceful. As I call back now, every moment on the Camino was special. My adrenaline will surge as I make my way through Santiago itself, packed with vestiges of the pilgrimage. Nothing quite prepares me though, for arriving at the Cathedral itself, where I can share in the sense that pilgrims have felt since time immemorial.

Finally, we got to the hill called Monte do Gozo. This hill is the place where pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago get their first views of the three spires of thier destination, the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela.


Monte do Gozo

The Destination

Cathedral de Santiago de Compostela 
The word 'Compostela' means a star field. To be interesting, the origin of a campus, which we refer to a school place as, came from compostela.

Breakfast: bread,coffee
Dinner: wine,tapas, steak, pizza, salad, beer
Daily Cost €40.00 (dinner €20.00, snack+beer €20.00)